A New Adventure

So, it has been quite awhile since my last post, I think there are some things to share and document.  April has been quite an exciting month for my roommates and I.

But, you might need some back story since my last post about my blackberry. Well, I got another blackberry, then I dropped it in melted ice cream...whoops broke that one... had to fork out some serious dough for a new droid.  I think I learned my lesson now--  Have an extremely protective case and be careful.

So, in November, I started dating this really great guy.  Yup, Nate.  He has been one of my best friends for a couple years, and guess what now he is my boyfriend!  
Yea, He's PRETTY Great!  

I didn't really know when I started teaching this last year, what the next year would hold.  I was very upfront and honest with my principal from before school began.  Now, that I was driving 3 hours every other weekend to see this boy...  I decided to start applying for jobs on the eastern side of the state.  There were just so many perks...a cute boyfriend, my brother and his wife, my parents and grandparents would be closer, my friends from college.  All great things that would be so much closer.  

So... Here goes APRIL excitement!

April 5th- Janna and I drove back to SF/Harrisburg for interviews in the Harrisburg School District.  Yea, we are really good at interviewing together!  


April 9th- I got offered an elementary contract in Harrisburg!  The dream job!  The one I wanted! 

April 10th- Pierre has its 1st snow day in eight years!!!! (yes, you can check the date again...APRIL)


April 12th- Hannah (my other roommate) finds out that she passed the BAR!!!!!
April 17th- Janna is offered an elementary art position in Harrisburg.  That's right folks.  We're both coming back east!!!  Get excited!  We have missed you Hyvee, and Bagel Boy! (and our friends and fam too...those ones are just obvious) 


I have to focus on the positives of moving and not think about the amazing people I have met and grown to love here in Pierre.  I love my school.  I love the people I teach with, I love my neighbors, I love my church, I love my amazing friends that have gotten me in the best shape of my life.  I love my students.  I cannot think about the things that I will be missing next year, and I have to think about the new things to come.  It's only 3 hours right.   

Comments