despair

How do you have Hope in the midst of despair? 

We turn to Jesus because HE is Good.  But, what if you can't see the good. 

Why does life have to be this hard?  We are in a season of HARD. 

Let me start with Infertility and Miscarriage.

What the...

Why can so many people get pregnant and have abortions, when we know so many amazing people LONGING for babies.  I know this longing, this yearning. It can consume you.  It can make you crazy. It can make you look at your body with complete confusion and disgust. I have asked my body so many times, why are you failing me? 

My best and longest friend has had 3 miscarriages.  THREE.  That is completely unfair and ridiculous.  She will be the best Momma, her husband will be the sweetest dad. Their home is ready.  They will be a Beautiful family when the time is right. BUT, why is the timing wrong now? 

My best and closest friend can't get pregnant.  For over a year, monitoring every cycle, using every app, bracelet and voodoo magic.  Her heart's desire since I have known her has been to be a mom. So, what's up God? Make her a Momma. 

My closest friend out here just lost her baby at 20 weeks.  This is when you are supposed to be in the clear. That is when you tell people that your having a beautiful baby girl, not when you are planning a memorial service.

Lord, I do not understand your ways. 

I know You are Good.

I trust that you are, but man... we could use a small glimpse of joy around here.

We ask for Big Miracles because You are a Big God. I know you don't have to deliver, and you get to choose because You are God, and I am not.

Show us your goodness.

Isaiah 55: 8-10
For my thought are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, " declares the Lord. "as the heavens are hight than the earth so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater.

Lord, I know your thoughts are higher than mine, and I do not understand your ways. But, strengthen my faith so that I can look back and see your faithfulness.

Comments